All HPS locations are currently OPEN for business on reduced opening hours
HPS remains open to serve our valued customers who are still required to carry out essential repairs and maintenance. We are helping to keep everyone warm and safe in these times of need. We are not currently serving retail / DIY customers but are concentrating our efforts on maintaining a service to trade customers in genuine need. Please check with our local outlet regarding opening hours and services available as these are under constant review and subject to change.
Let’s help keep safe together
We ask everyone who visits our businesses or receives a delivery from us to work together to ensure all measures are followed to keep everyone safe.
Keeping our customers safe
The health and well-being of our staff and customers is our top priority. We are following government and medical advice to put safety first when servicing our customers.
As well as following all official guidance, we’re regularly updating our employees with health and safety advice, while putting in place necessary working arrangements alongside travel and site restrictions.
These measures include:
- Added extra hygiene measures and increased cleaning across all of our sites and providing extra hand sanitiser gels and wipes for all.
- Distancing measures are being undertaken at all locations with customers collecting goods from the warehouse shutter doors and being kept away from the main trade counter area.
- Telephone or email orders are preferable, and we will ensure they are ready for collection on arrival.
- All non-critical business critical travel has been cancelled.
- All employee and customer events have been postponed until further notice.
Deliveries are still available from some sites (always following recent safety advice) but where they are being made, these will be kerb-side drops only until further notice.
- All coffee machines and customer toilets will remain out of action until further notice
- Where possible some of our teams may be working from home – in that instance they will have access to the network in order to ensure quotes can be undertaken, stock levels are maintained and service levels are maintained at the highest possible standards.
Work carried out in people’s homes, for example by plumbers carrying out repairs and maintenance, can continue, provided that the tradesperson is well and has no symptoms. Again, it will be important to ensure that Public Health England guidelines, (including maintaining a two metre distance from any household occupants), are followed to ensure everyone’s safety.
No work should be carried out in any household which is isolating or where an individual is being shielded, unless it is to remedy a direct risk to the safety of the household, such as emergency plumbing or repairs, (and where the tradesperson is willing to do so). In such cases, Public Health England can provide advice to tradespeople and households. No work should be carried out by a tradesperson who has coronavirus symptoms, however mild.
All of the above is in constant review to ensure that we continue to trade in the safest manner and in accordance with the latest Government advice which can be found here.